Home > Implementation > Classroom Educators > Second Step® Early Learning Teacher’s Guide: Part 3
Second Step® Early Learning Teacher’s Guide: Part 3
As you complete your program, take a moment to celebrate all the work you and your colleagues have done to support your students’ social-emotional learning—and all the work your students have done to grow into kind, empathetic, emotionally aware problem-solvers.
It’s also valuable to reflect on your experiences with the program while they’re still fresh in your mind. Making notes and starting your planning for the next time you teach the program will help set you up for success down the road.
Celebrate Completing the Program
- When you wrap up the final Weekly Theme, leave some time to reflect with your class.
- Share with them how much you’ve seen them grow over the course of the program.
- Offer them the chance to share how they feel they’ve grown.
Share Successes with Families
- Let families know their children have finished the year’s program.
- Share with families how social-emotional learning has helped their children grow as students and people.
Continue Your Students’ Social-Emotional Learning
- Identify concepts from the program to review (especially those taught at the beginning of the year).
- Use other fun activities to reinforce social-emotional skills and concepts.
Reflect on Successes and Challenges
- Write down how you felt about your program implementation. What worked? What didn’t? What do you want to do the same, or differently, next time?
- Compare notes with your colleagues.
Plan for the Future
- Review your reflections and what you heard from colleagues.
- Sketch out a plan for the next time you teach the program. Focus on what you can do to start strong.
Free Social-Emotional Learning ResourcesLogin Required
Use these free activities, aligned to Second Step® Early Learning, to continue your students’ social-emotional learning after completing the program.
Program Wrap-Up Meeting Login Required
Use these staff meeting resources to reflect on your program implementation and plan for the future.
End-of-Year Check-In Login Required
Use this presentation as a framework to guide your reflection and planning process.
Program Evaluation Guide Login Required
Use this guide to start planning for a comprehensive evaluation of Second Step Early Learning next year.
Join the Second Step® Educator Community
One of the most powerful resources available to you is the advice and support of fellow Second Step educators. Join our online community of practice to connect with other educators, including school leaders and lesson facilitators, many with decades of experience teaching SEL curricula. Get support when you have questions and lend your expertise to others.
Visit the community’s Facebook page to join.