For schoolwide implementation, we recommend one kit per classroom.
Each Second Step Grade 4 classroom kit includes:
In the notebook:
- 22 lessons
- 3 Unit Cards for teachers
- 3 colorful classroom posters
- Grade 4 DVD
- 22 Getting Started Cards
- 22 Following Through Cards
- 22 Home Link activities
- 22 student handouts
Online when you register your kit:
- Stream lesson media direct to your classroom—online access to lesson photos, songs, and videos is included with purchase
- Easy-to-use teaching resources with specific instructions and tools to help you get the most out of the program
- Online training
- Video examples of lessons and games
- Family materials to email home
- Writable student handouts to print or email
- Assessment tools
- Program Implementation Guide
- Spanish translations of lessons and family materials
Grade 4 Second Step lessons build on students’ K–3 skills, including skills for learning, and provide a bridge to middle school. Students will strengthen their empathy, emotion-management, and problem-solving skills while learning to use them in social and academic settings. Whether they have a disagreement with a friend or test anxiety, students will be better poised to make positive choices.
The program is highly interactive, giving students plenty of opportunities to practice skills and participate in discussions. Videos for every lesson dramatize scenarios that fourth-graders encounter in school. Three fun, award-winning animated music videos are included to further engage students and reinforce skills!