For schoolwide implementation, we recommend one kit per classroom.
Each Second Step Grade 2 classroom kit includes:
In the box:
Online when you register your kit:
- Stream lesson media direct to your classroom—online access to lesson photos, songs, and videos in English or Spanish is included with purchase
- Easy-to-use teaching resources with specific instructions and tools to help you get the most out of the program
- Online training
- Video examples of lessons and games
- Family materials to email home
- Writable student handouts to print or email
- Brain Builder games
- Assessment tools
- Program Implementation Guide
- Spanish translations of lessons and family materials
Second Step lessons for Grade 2 build on students’ K–1 skills, including skills for learning. Students hone their ability to pay attention, listen, and ignore distractions. They also learn how to respond to others with empathy, calm down, manage strong feelings, and solve problems.
The lessons are brought to life by stories filled with situations your students encounter on a daily basis during the school year, from navigating the hallways to taking tests. Five-minute Daily Practice activities and Home Links reinforce skills in class and at home.