For schoolwide implementation, we recommend one kit per classroom.
Each Second Step Grade 1 classroom kit includes:
In the box:
Online when you register your kit:
- Stream lesson media direct to your classroom—online access to lesson photos, songs, and videos in English or Spanish is included with purchase
- Easy-to-use teaching resources with specific instructions and tools to help you get the most out of the program
- Online training
- Video examples of lessons and games
- Family materials to email home
- Book lists
- Brain Builder games
- Assessment tools
- Program Implementation Guide
- Spanish translations of lessons and family materials
Second Step lessons for Grade 1 begin with skills for learning and the Listening Rules, which set the stage for future academic success and later lessons in identifying feelings, managing strong emotions, solving problems, and getting along with others.
Activities, Brain Builder games, and partner work keep children engaged and help them practice their skills. Puppy and Snail puppets encourage children’s participation.