Last Updated: June 2013
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in interactive features of our Services, fill out a form, make a purchase or a donation, apply for a job, communicate with us via a third party social media site, subscribe to our newsletter, sign up for a contest or sweepstakes, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, payment information, job title, information about your school or organization, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of our Services, such as your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, the type of browser you use, the address of a referring website, and your activity with our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or device you use to access our Services, including the operating system and version, and network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or device. Cookies are small data files that are stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us recognize users who have visited the Services previously and retain certain information, such as customer preferences and history. We also may collect information using web beacons (also called “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources, such as mailing list providers, and combine that information with information we collect through our Services.
HOW DO WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver information, products, or services you request, process your donations, and send your related information, such as confirmations and invoices;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests (such as your copyright permission requests) and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products or services offered by CFC and others, and provide other information and news we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services
- Process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries or prizes; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
CFC is based in the United States, and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE SHARE WITH THIRD PARTIES?
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of CFC and others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of organizational assets, acquisition of all or part of our business to another organization, reorganization, or in any other situation where your information may be transferred as one of the assets of CFC; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
HOW DO OUR SERVICES INTERACT WITH THIRD PARTY SERVICES?
Social Sharing Features
Our Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity providing the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytic Services Provided by Others
WHAT STEPS DO WE TAKE TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
You may update, correct, or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account, emailing us or contacting us by mail at the address provided below. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. You may visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information about deleting or disabling flash cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional communications from us by following the directions in the communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
HOW CAN YOU OBTAIN ADDITIONAL INFORMATION?
Committee for Children
2815 Second Ave., Suite 400
Seattle, WA, 98121.